JAMA Pediatrics, formerly Archives of Pediatrics & Adolescent Medicine, established in 1911, and the oldest pediatric journal in the world, publishes innovative, clinically relevant research on the health of children and adolescents and offers a host of exciting interactive features and an author-friendly approach from manuscript submission through publication.
Prompt Decisions & Rapid Publication Timelines
- 1.8 months (median time) from submission to acceptance (including review and revision) for all manuscripts
- 5.3 months (median time) from acceptance to publication
- 2 days (median time) from submission to rejection
- 32% of all manuscripts sent for external peer review
- Highly selective, 22% acceptance rate
- Online First publication of all research articles, and timely, topical Viewpoints
Impact & Reach
- Impact Factor of 4.14, one of the highest-ranking journals in pediatrics
- Worldwide reach: accessed and used by readers in more than 200 countries
- 27 million annual online visits to The JAMA Network
- International authors: almost 35% of submissions come from outside the United States
- Extensive press coverage, with news releases of major articles distributed each week to more than 5000 journalists worldwide
- Enhanced reader access through author audio and video interviews, e-mail alerts, RSS feeds, Facebook, Twitter, and Topic Collections
- The JAMA Network Reader app, an app that integrates content across the entire JAMA Network of journals and is accessible from any device
- JAMA Pediatrics offers unparalleled reach and an author-friendly approach, from manuscript submission through publication.
- Prompt, expert review and consideration from our experienced editors
- Highest standards followed to improve your accepted manuscript’s accuracy, reliability, and readability for both print and online publication
- Opportunity for your work to be augmented with video and audio
- No fees: no submission, page, or color charges
- Online extras: ability to post supplemental content online, track your published article’s online use and citations, and download your articles’ tables and figures as PowerPoint slides
- The JAMA Network advantage: authors of papers not accepted by JAMA may have their papers referred to JAMA Pediatrics
For more information, see JAMA Pediatrics Instructions for Authors. submit your manuscript at http://manuscripts.jamapeds.com.