JAMA Pediatrics publishes innovative, clinically relevant research on the health of children and adolescents and offers a host of exciting interactive features and an author-friendly approach from manuscript submission through publication.
Prompt Decisions & Rapid Publication Timelines
- 1 day (median time) from submission to rejection
- 7-11 weeks from submission to acceptance, including review and revision
- 43% of all manuscripts sent for external peer review
selective, 15% acceptance rate; 8% for research articles
- Online First publication of all major articles
Impact & Reach
- Impact Factor of 4.28, one of the two highest-ranking journals in pediatrics
- 30 million annual online visits to The JAMA Network
- 2 million annual visits to the JAMA Pediatrics website
- International authors: almost 40% of submissions come from outside the United States
- Extensive press coverage, with news releases of major articles distributed each week to more than 5000 journalists worldwide
- Enhanced reader access through author audio and video interviews, e-mail alerts, RSS feeds, Facebook, Twitter, and Topic Collections
- Free access via The JAMA Network Reader app, an app that integrates content across the entire JAMA Network of journals and is accessible from any device
- JAMA Pediatrics offers unparalleled reach and an author-friendly approach, from manuscript submission through publication.
- Prompt, expert review and consideration from our experienced editors
- Highest standards followed to improve your accepted manuscript’s accuracy, reliability, and readability for both print and online publication
- CME credit available for lead authors who publish in JAMA Pediatrics
- Opportunity for your work to be augmented with video and audio
- No fees: no submission, page, or color charges
- Free access: All Original Investigations are freely available on the day of publication in The JAMA Network Reader and 12 months after publication on the journal's website.
- Online extras: ability to post supplemental content online and download your articles’ tables and figures as PowerPoint slides
- The JAMA Network advantage: authors of papers not accepted by JAMA may have their papers automatically referred to JAMA Pediatrics along with the reviews, enabling rapid decisions
For more information, see JAMA Pediatrics Instructions for Authors. submit your manuscript at http://manuscripts.jamapeds.com.