0
We're unable to sign you in at this time. Please try again in a few minutes.
Retry
We were able to sign you in, but your subscription(s) could not be found. Please try again in a few minutes.
Retry
There may be a problem with your account. Please contact the AMA Service Center to resolve this issue.
Contact the AMA Service Center:
Telephone: 1 (800) 262-2350 or 1 (312) 670-7827  *   Email: subscriptions@jamanetwork.com
Error Message ......
Article |

Accidental Injuries in Children in Day-care Centers

Petra Froehlich Landman, MD, MPH; Gary B. Landman, MD, PhD
Am J Dis Child. 1987;141(3):292-293. doi:10.1001/archpedi.1987.04460030070027.
Text Size: A A A
Published online

• A telephone survey of all licensed group day-care centers serving 2- to 6-year-old children in Maryland was conducted to determine the rate of injuries, their nature, and the circumstances of occurrence. Eighty-two percent of the 523 operating centers were contacted. Two centers declined to participate. Twenty-nine injuries were reported. A total of 18 728 children were surveyed (children who attended half a day were given half credit per day) or 92 640 childdays. Yearly injury rates of 7.02% for medically attended injuries, 4.29% for injuries limiting activity, and a total yearly injury rate of 11.30% were calculated. This general injury rate was similar to incidence figures from a nonday-care center injury study. This lack of improvement in injury rates in licensed day care is of concern and deserves increased attention from pediatricians.

(AJDC 1987;141:292-293)

Topics

Sign in

Create a free personal account to sign up for alerts, share articles, and more.

Purchase Options

• Buy this article
• Subscribe to the journal

Figures

Tables

References

Correspondence

CME
Meets CME requirements for:
Browse CME for all U.S. States
Accreditation Information
The American Medical Association is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The AMA designates this journal-based CME activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM per course. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. Physicians who complete the CME course and score at least 80% correct on the quiz are eligible for AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM.
Note: You must get at least of the answers correct to pass this quiz.
You have not filled in all the answers to complete this quiz
The following questions were not answered:
Sorry, you have unsuccessfully completed this CME quiz with a score of
The following questions were not answered correctly:
Commitment to Change (optional):
Indicate what change(s) you will implement in your practice, if any, based on this CME course.
Your quiz results:
The filled radio buttons indicate your responses. The preferred responses are highlighted
For CME Course: A Proposed Model for Initial Assessment and Management of Acute Heart Failure Syndromes
Indicate what changes(s) you will implement in your practice, if any, based on this CME course.
Submit a Comment

Multimedia

Some tools below are only available to our subscribers or users with an online account.

Sign in

Create a free personal account to sign up for alerts, share articles, and more.

Purchase Options

• Buy this article
• Subscribe to the journal

Related Content

Customize your page view by dragging & repositioning the boxes below.

Jobs
brightcove.createExperiences();